This course is geared to individuals who will be using and/or supporting Rhino. The course explores advanced techniques in modeling to help participants better understand how to apply Rhino’s modeling tools in practical situations. In class, you will receive information at an accelerated pace. For best results, practice at a Rhino workstation between class sessions, and consult your Rhino reference manual for additional information.
Completion of Level I training, plus three months experience using Rhino is recommended.
In Level 2, you learn how to:
Construct and modify curves that will be used in surface building using control point editing methods
- Evaluate curves using the curvature graph
- Use a range of strategies to build surfaces
- Rebuild surfaces and curves
- Control surface curvature continuity
- Create, manipulate, save and restore custom construction planes
- Create surfaces and features using custom construction planes
- Group objects
- Visualize, evaluate, and analyze models utilizing shading features
- Place text around an object or on a surface
- Map planar curves to a surface
- Create 3D models from 2D drawings and scanned images
- Clean up imported files and export clean files
- Use rendering tools
Introduction and test exercise Interface customization Nurbs topology and curve degree Curve and surface continuity
History, Advanced surfacing and Cplane Tools CPlanes, mapping objects to surfaces Surface Analysis Putting it together – scoop exercise
Cplanes, mapping objects to surfaces Surface Analysis, direct surface manipulation Blocks, Troubleshooting, Meshing Rendering.
This course is for the design professional who wants to efficiently learn advanced concepts and features of the Rhinoceros modeling software at an accelerated pace in an instructor-lead environment.
Please note that all participants should bring their own laptop, and if they do not have one, we will provide one at an extra fee. If you do not have a copy of Rhino, please install the free trial version at https://www.rhino3d.com/download/rhino/5/latest.